If you have solid administrative skills, are organized, and enjoy working with people and technology, come and join our dynamic team of event planners as their Office Manager!
As Office Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing daily office operations. Office duties would include, but are not limited to answering phones and e-mails, and overseeing the Event Management Platform. This position requires the ability to be extremely organized and detailed oriented. The Office Manager must be able to multi-task and remain calm under pressure. Customer Service and professionalism are essential when working with event coordinators and giving event information. The position requires the ability to work independently and in a group setting, the candidate must be able to exercise good judgment and discretion in a multi-faceted environment. This job also oversees the work schedules of all Event Management employees and coordinates event schedules.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with all companies partners and collaborators
- Handle all office administrative duties, including stocking office supplies, and organizing all office paperwork.
- Provide support, information, and guidance in the process of scheduling and planning events
- Directing phone calls, request forms, and event details to the appropriate team members.
- Manage the Event Management administrative budget and purchases for the division.
- Coordinate all team and departmental meetings
- Oversee office personnel scheduling and working schedules. This would include updating office working schedules/calendars.
- Assist and available to be onsite working various events throughout the year, based on office scheduling needs.
- Help develop standard operating procedures for the company.
- Develop policy documents for new events and products.
- Oversee, and manage the Scheduling Software for the office and events.
- Promote an atmosphere of professionalism and outstanding customer service in accordance with the company culture.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Works effectively as a team member, embracing and fostering Citrus's mission.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent customer support or administrative skills
- Strong organizational experience required.
- Well-developed interpersonal communications skills and familiar with standard Microsoft Office computer software.
- Familiarity with presentation software, including Powerpoint and Keynote
- Must be available for 30% travel and work flexible hours
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Job experience in an office setting.
- Monday-Friday, 9a-5p with some opportunities for overtime/weekends.